Friday, April 03, 2009

Soul-Thirsty

Sometimes my soul gets thirsty. I'm not really sure what it's thirsty for. Perhaps inspiration. My ears perk up when I hear about various projects that are making a difference for people around the world. I've had cravings to read poetry. My heart is reaching out to forge or re-forge connections with the people surrounding me physically, emotionally, and conceptually. Call it nostalgia, call it spring fever, I call it soul-thirsty.

I get really good ideas at times like these, but I don't usually get them off the ground. Maybe because I fail to get the right people on my team. Maybe because I look at my calendar and realize I am booked a month out. Maybe because I look at the end result and get overwhelmed or discouraged rather than looking at the baby steps involved along the way.

Do I want to do something great in this life? Yeah. Do I have any clue what or how? Nope.

All I know is that my soul is thirsty.

No comments: