Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rainy Tuesday

Tuesday mornings are lovely this summer. I am scheduled to teach from 8:30-10:30 in the morning just a few blocks away. Since it's just a few blocks away, I get to sleep in an extra half hour. Then I stop at the farmers' market on the way home to pick up our weekly CSA. I've been a frequent shopper at the flower guys' tent as well.

This morning was the first rainy Tuesday of the summer. It was the best kind of rain--gentle and no wind--which means you can leave the windows open to listen without getting wet. I woke up a little earlier than scheduled, so I sat in our sunroom with my toast and coffee, windows open, and listened to the soothing sound of steady, gentle rain. What a treat. It reminded me of the gentle rain we had every afternoon in Scotland on our visit. Peaceful. Restorative.

Perfect way to ease into the day.

1 comment:

Candy said...

ahhhhhh......